We did our 'Support Small Business' shopping yesterday (since I was too sick to do it over T-day weekend). So we visited our local Trading Book store, a local charity thrift store and the flea market as well. Richi and I both found a dozen or so great books each. We also bought a bookshelf from the thrift store ... because seriously, who doesn't *always* need another bookshelf, right?
Here are my 'new' shelf goodies (by the way, these books are going to be considered as part of my Christmas 2012).
The stack on the left are the ones from Trading Book store:
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (am I the only female on the planet who has never read this classic?)
- Geek Love by Katherine Dunn
- The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry
- Firebirds Rising - an Sharyn November - book #2 of an anthology of fantasy and science fiction short stories by multiple authors
- The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
- The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok
- Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James
- Massive by Julia Bell
- The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones (book #1 Faerie Path)
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (book #1 The Infernal Devices)
- Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston (book #1 Wondrous Strange)
- One Thousand White Woman: The Journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus - this one was recommended to me by one of my old-childhood friends, Doreen, she said it was incredibly good.
On the Map: A Mind-Expanding Exploration of the Way the World Looks by Simon Garfield.
it's very textbook-y ... but looks quite interesting :)
As usual, I also managed to find lots of lovelies to feed my Nook with:
The 19 Dragons by SM Reine
Dead(ish) by Naomi Kramer
A Circle of Iron by Greg Benage (Eldernost: Book One)
Shadow of the Sun by Laura Kreitzer
The Soulkeepers (book one) by G.P. Ching
Falling by Amber Jaeger (Hemlock Bay #1)
Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl (Tales of Goldstone Wood #1) - this is supposed to be an amazing series!
Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz
Spooks and Magic by Jack Sorenson (Alana Weatherbee #2)
The Medium by C.J. Archer
Sorrows Child by Georgina Anne Taylor (The Taint #1)
His Robot Girlfriend by Wesley Allison
Graveminder by Melissa Marr
Waking Up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly
Stolen Promise by Lisa Marie Wilkinson
~So those are my newest shelf editions. :)
Have you heard about or read any of these? what did you think?